In a Case Clinics a team or a group of peers will be guided through a process in which a case giver presents a case. The group of 4–5 peers or team members help as consultants based on the principles of the U–Process and process consultation. Case Clinics allow participants to generate new ways to approach a challenge or question.
To access the wisdom and experience of peers and to help a peer respond to an important and immediate leadership challenge in a better and more innovative way.
- The case should be a leadership challenge that is current and concrete.
- The case giver needs to be a key player in the case.
- The participants in the case clinics are peers, so there is no hierarchical relationship among them.
- Don’t give advice; instead listen deeply.
Uses & Outcomes
- Concrete and innovative ideas forhow to respond to a pressing leadership challenge
- High level of trust and positive energy among the peer group
- Use with: Mindfulness and listening practices
A case clinic is around 70 minutes long. Who the case giver is will be decided at the beginning of the event. A Case can be everything from a project you are currently working on and want some feedback, a dream or idea you would like to bring into the world, or an even an issue you have with family and friends and you look for new options to deal with it.
We follow government regulations and recommendations around COVID-19 and do our best not to further the spread of the virus. We ask you to do the same:
– Please do not show up to events if you have symptoms of covid-19.
– We recommend that you get PCR tested within 72 hours before participating in our events.
– Alternately there is a test center in Fælledparken, close to Relational Spaces, where it is possible to be quick tested.
Book a Case Clinic
You also can book a Case Clinic for your team either in the Relational Spaces, or at your company location in greater Copenhagen area. For inquires on dates and prices please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org